800-372-7181 M-Th 7a-9p & Fri 7a-6p
There are 8 messages to leave, you can leave them all in the same phone call. A brief synopsis on each bill is at the bottom of the page.
- CALL 800-372-7181 M-F 7a-6p This is the LRC message hotline.
- The first time you call, you give your name and address, then you are in the system.
- If you don’t know who your Senator/House Rep are, the Message-Taker (M-T) will tell you based on your address.
- Say “I’d like to leave a message for…”
#1 MY SENATOR (forced vax)
“Please co-sponsor and support SB98 and SB117. It is important to me that medical decisions be a choice for every Kentuckian.”
#2 MY HOUSE REP (forced vax, rein in gov, help biz)
“Please support SB8, HB217 and HB143. SB8 confirms that medical decisions remain a choice for every Kentuckian. HB217 is the only bill that fully reigns in our governor and restores basic checks and balances. HB143 helps all businesses that suffered unfairly during the lockdowns.”
#3 MY SENATOR and SENATE LEADERSHIP (mask mandate)
“Please support SB158 and overturn the mask mandate.”
#4 the SENATE HEALTH & WELFARE COMMITTEE
Ask to send each message separately:
- “Please hear and support SB 117 in your committee.”
- “Please hear and support SB 158 in your committee.”
- “Please hear and support SB 109 in your committee.”
#5 the SENATE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
“Please hear and support SB 98 in your committee.”
#6 the HOUSE STATE GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE
“Please support HB 217 and pass to the House floor for a vote.”
#7 IMPEACHMENT COMMITTEE
“Please impeach Governor Beshear.”
GOOD BILLS – SUMMARY
- NEW!!! SB 158 – Prohibits mandating masks during disease or virus emergencies Click here for all committees who might get the bill & their email addresses!
- PASSED SENATE, NOW IN HOUSE!!! SB 8 – Provides for medical or philosophical/religious exemption for government-mandated vaccines.
- SB98 – Prevent employers from discriminating against employees who decline vaccination
- SB 117 – Health care or higher ed organization can require vaccination ONLY if allowing medical & philosophical/religious exemptions
- HB 217 – Ensuring Basic Checks and Balances and Basic Liberties During Emergencies Act: limit emergency declaration to 15 days. Must call General Assembly into session after. Prevent restriction of 1st amendment freedoms, prevent suspension of laws.
- HB 143 – Refund all fines and return all licenses taken from businesses during the lockdowns
You can’t contact your legislators too much! And some prefer to read an email or hear a voicemail!
- Emails are firstname.lastname@example.org (so firstDOTlast@lrc.ky.gov)
- IMPEACHMENT COMMITTEE EMAILS:
- Jason Nemes – email@example.com
- Kim King – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ed Massey – email@example.com
- Suzanne Miles – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee members are listed here: https://legislature.ky.gov/Committees/Pages/default.aspx
Their phone numbers are on their individual pages here: https://legislature.ky.gov/