Link at the bottom if you want to read it for yourself. I read every word because I like reading dry boring techy stuff.
Seriously, y’all, this ain’t rocket science. Haha, mostly because THERE IS NO SCIENCE. The WHO even says that one of the advantages to wearing a mask is that it makes you feel good. Until you pass out from lack of O2…
Before we run thru these, let’s define “science”. Science is testable, repeatable, observable and falsifiable. Before something can be determined to be scientifically factual, it MUST be repeatable GETTING THE SAME RESULT EVERY TIME. Otherwise, it’s still theory.
For example, you set up an experiment and get a result. If you repeat the experiment exactly the same and get a different result, the theory is void. Testable, repeatable, observable, falsifiable.
Ok. Photos in order:
1. How far does your spittle fly? Masks will stop some of the droplets but then they tested with high-powered jets instead of human coughs (which they fortunately acknowledge). Um, that’s not science, lol. You’ll see why this is not really important as you walk thru the photos.
2. Most transmission is from symptomatic people. And most people are NOT symptomatic. <<< We know this because there are millions of test and only thousands of symptomatic people. Even the CDC says there are likely 10 people positive for everyone who’s been tested. That’s a boatload of asymptomatic people.
3. Asymptomatic people much less likely to transmit the virus.
4. Read this whole blurb, not just the underlined part. THIS IS NOT SCIENCE. This is messing around with some not very conclusive or confirmed data. [See the definition of science above.]
5. And I quote: “At present, there is no direct evidence on the effectiveness of universal masking of healthy people in the community to prevent infection with respiratory viruses, including CV.” This will also include flu, btw.
6. Mask wearing by healthy people not supported and there are harms to consider.
7. Benefits of mask wearing: might help, will make you feel better, will keep you from being stigmatized if you aren’t wearing a mask by obedient mask-wearers, may help you make money by making masks, and you can release your inner artist…
8. Potential harms (too many to list here).
9. And I quote: “…the use of non-medical masks, made of woven fabrics such as cloth and/or non-woven fabrics, should only be considered for source control (used by infected persons) in community settings and not for prevention.”
10. Guidance on mask usage. Who does all this? Nobody that I’ve seen. If you touch your mask, you gotta change it. If you sneeze or cough into it, you gotta change it. The list of requirements for EFFECTIVE mask wearing is ludicrous.
11 & 12. The truth about masking kids.
- WHO section on Masks https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks
- LINK to WHO’s June 5 2020 PDF on the technical guidance on wearing masks (which is where most of this comes from): https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/advice-on-the-use-of-masks-in-the-community-during-home-care-and-in-healthcare-settings-in-the-context-of-the-novel-coronavirus-(2019-ncov)-outbreak